jamah.blogspot!

20 August 2006

No warehouse sale for us ... And instead, a trip to hell.

So yesterday, we left the apartment in the early afternoon thinking we would hit the Barney's Warehouse Sale, but no such luck. By the time we got there (around 3ish), there was a line that went down half the block. We just weren't willing to wait that long to get in, I mean, there's some nice stuff but it doesn't seem to be worth that much of a wait. And maybe it's just me, but it seems to be that with each passing year, there seems to be less and less good stuff and just more and more people.


We did end up having a fantastic brunch at Bruxelles, which was really nice. I can always go for a good Croque Monsieur, and my wife can always go for a great bowl of mussels - they know how to do both great. So afterwards, I stopped by Nickel, where my wife got me a gift certificate for a massage - which I booked a reservation for, and I bought some more skin and shave products that I'm convinced will make me look better (not that anything can possibly help me anyway). That's when we went over to the warehouse sale and saw the insane looking line. So instead of doing that, we went up to 23rd & 6th and hit:


  • Circuit City (for a pair of headphones for work, and We Love Katamari - a PS2 game)
  • Barnes & Noble (for some magazines, and a huge Italian cookbook)
  • and Bed, Bath & Beyond. (for some assorted housewares)
  • And a Starbucks somewhere along the way. (mmm. pomegranate frappuccino)


Bed, Bath & Beyond is an absolute hellhole. The moment I walk into that place and see the walls lined up with endless choices of different products, I start thinking that there must be something I need at home that I'm forgetting about, and I'll magically remember if I carefully scour through each and every product that's on every single wall of the place. For my own sanity, I just have to keep remembering only to get the specific things we thought about BEFORE walking in there and getting the hell out before I go nuts. As if that didn't give me enough of a headache being in there, you then end up spending forever waiting to check out. I don't understand what in the world these cashiers do, but it's as if they have to spend five minutes per item being checked out.


After getting home, I productively spent hours watching TV -


After all of that, it was around 3AM or so and I found that my net connection had died (thanks, Time Warner!), so I collapsed, woke up, and am now writing this for all of you people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home