jamah.blogspot!

27 April 2007

i love this town.

tonight started off with an event for an old friend at a bar/lounge space in midtown, not terribly far from my office. so we spent the evening there, but it left us actually pretty hungry for something more substantial...


Then I remembered a few earlier conversations with coworkers about Landmarc opening up at Columbus Circle (in the Time Warner Center). I've always been a huge fan of Landmarc at its original location on West Broadway. It is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the city. Since we weren't too far from Columbus Circle, we walked up there avoiding the chaotic crowds of tourists and theatergoers.


The Time Warner Center is, in my honest opinion, a monstrosity. A mall. In this city. But a mall that doesn't tout itself as a mall. Whole Foods. Per Se. Masa. Bouchon Bakery. and now Landmarc. Oh you evil, evil place. Never have I come so close to even considering a mall to be acceptable. in my backyard. As you make it seem to be.


We're seated and the new Landmarc in the Time Warner Center is a magnificent space. As usual, the dishes are solid, good food. And a further surprise later on in the evening, a celebrity sighting! (I'm such a loser. Real New Yorkers wouldn't even bother to broadcast the fact that they've seen someone who might be well-known. In fact, I am such a loser for being so star struck in the first place, but I was so excited by it. I guess there's a glimmer of me that isn't a real New Yorker. And, no, I'm not going to tell you _who_. I'd be a REAL loser if I did that).



And another reason to love this town: my wife won free all-day passes to the Tribeca Film Festival!


Here it is. The "A" pass - good for all screenings and panel discussions for any single day (Sunday, April 29, in our case) of the Tribeca Film Festival.


Weekend's almost here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home