jamah.blogspot!

23 August 2006

Taking an old cue...

I shot pool tonight at Slate for the first time, literally, in years with an old ex co-worker of mine. We worked together in derivatives technology at our former employer probably around 2000-2002ish, he left initially to another broker/dealer to be a stat arb trader, and then went to a hedge fund, and now is at another hedge fund, but it sounds like he's also back on the technology front there, not trading anymore.

It was a lot of fun catching up with him, we'd always gotten along and we hadn't seen each other in at least 3 years, so this was a nice chance to catch up, reminisce, and share stories and experiences of what's happened since. We even think that we may have figured out why the Russell 2000 rebalance trade performed so poorly this year! But anyway, it was really nice shooting pool in an old spot that I hadn't been back to in a long time.

Got home a little later than I intended (about 9:30ish) and found that the mrs. was cooking and waiting for me to have dinner. She also bought and lugged home bottles of Coke (the glass bottles I love) and Pellegrino from Dean & Deluca (so I felt thoroughly guilty). :(

Now she's subjecting me to The Simple Life on E!, which I suppose has now become her new guilty pleasure...
It's really horrible.

I want to rave about my job at some point too as it's been pretty good to me, maybe I'll save that for tomorrow... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home